(Nothing of importance)
Yeah, nothing overly exciting to report, but I figured I would keep entertaining you a bit by posting a few things. I'm finished with class for the day, and I walked down a few blocks to the big FNAC store to buy a book. I finished reading "The Mermaid Chair" and for those of you (girls) who haven't read it yet--do it! Fab-u-lo-so. I just bought the book "Love" by Toni Morrison. Don't know if anyone has read it, but I hope it's good. The store didn't have a huge variety of English language books. But I needed something else "fun" to fill my free time, since internet and tv are non-existent at my host home. Speaking of the homefront, my host grandmother is coming in town today, so I will meet yet another woman of this family! She is going to stay with us until Monday of next week, so this should be exciting, I guess. I'm preparing myself to not be able to understand her... a little nervous. Oh and then tonight-- (Grandanny close your eyes!) --I'm going to a party! The Italian guy from our class invited me and Mandy to a big party at the house where he is staying with a couple of French guys. He said if we want to meet French people, which we do, that we should come to this party. Ok, he has an Italian accent, he was wearing one of those loose shirts that lace up the front, he is 24, and his name is Massimilliano.... how could I not go?? We're not planning on staying all night, but I will update tomorrow so everyone can know that I am alive and safe, ok?! :) I miss you all and will write more again soon. I love reading your comments, so before I go I will answer a few of your questions.
Dana--yes, I try to take as much as I can up the stairs in one trip, because I do NOT like going up or down more than necessary.
Ryan-- Grosses bises means big kisses, silly!
Grandma--I know onions might be good for me, but a little bit does hurt! I can't eat them! haha
Natalie--Sounds like the boys had a very interesting time... they are so weird. No offense to your husband, of course. :)
Laura--I missed being at Lydia's wedding! I can't wait to see pictures. Don't think I have room for the blue dresser in my luggage.
Sorry to anyone I left out. Except Mom, because you get your own emails.
Hugs and Kisses from France,
Catherine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Watch out... CCC partyin' it up with Italians in France. That's just a recipie for trouble =). Just wish I were there with you! Sounds like everything is amazing over there, but I'm still going to be OK with it when you head back over to this side of the pond.
Love your post! LOVE IT!!! About that party....you cannot be too careful. And remember, your Papa used to say.."Nothing good happens after midnight." I mean, look at Cinderella! Love you! (But I think you are mean to not give me a special shout out!) Heehee! Love you so! Mommee'
Be careful tonight! The italian guy sounds very cute...exactly your type. :) I'm going to need a full report tomorrow!
I'm going to try to upload some pics of lydia's wedding tonight, so be checking your email for them.
one more thing- grosses bises is not a very romantic way to say big kisses.
So I FINALLY remembered to head over to this blog and read all of your posts! Sounds like you're having SO much fun, and like Laura, I'm uber-jealous. Things I love about France so far:
1. Your house(so quintessentially French!And what a cute backyard.)
2. The blue dresser
3. Your new friends (They look very fun...but not as fun as us, of course) :)
4. Massimilliano (He sounds EXACTLY like Fabrizio.)
5. Your food-related bravery
6. Catherine Childs at pubs and parties every weekend. Awesome.
7. Pain au chocolat. I want one right now.
I promise to be a more faithful reader now. It's fun to live vicariously through your adventures. Gross bees to you!
Gross bees! I love it! We must always say "gross bees" to each other from now on! Mommee'
Post a Comment