(Two weeks!)
Yes, you heard that right--two weeks left! This whole trip I've been having a good time but still looking forward to coming home to see my friends and family. However, it finally hit me this week--my trip is coming to a close and I don't want it to! Doesn't that always happen? This coming weekend is my last weekend to spend in Tours, because next weekend we go to Paris. It's crazy how fast this trip has gone, but while it was going I thought it was so slow. I have made some good friends, become confident in my French-speaking abilities, and realized again that I can tackle pretty much anything if I just make up my mind to do it. Galavanting (sp?) in Europe really gives me a sense of capability and confidence. Many times in my life I have been scared to do things, to get lost, to ask for help, to try new things--but in Europe something changes inside me and I just do it all because I know I have to. I can't wait to come back over here again and conquer a new city, a new country, a new language. Who wants to join me?
Anyway, I thought I would give you all a little glimpse of what I do during the days since I haven't talked much about school. It has turned out very different than how I thought it would be, which is not bad/good just different. I get to school (L'Institut de Touraine) everyday at 9:00 in the morning. I go to different classes each day, most of them which are "Langue Francaise." The institute is a language school to teach French to non-speakers. So anyone, at any level, from any country could come here to learn French--you don't have to be in college. I, however, am getting graduate credit for my classes and I'm taking a supplementary class to the ones offered by the Institut. So in addition to my Institut classes of French language, oral expression, phonetics lab, civilisation, etc-- I am taking a literature class on Madame Bovary taught by a professor from the U of West Georgia (which is the group I came with to participate in this program--all confusing, I know) We are in class from 9-12:10 in the mornings and then I get an hour and twenty minutes to go eat lunch. Lunch is not a fast thing in France. In the States we are so used to grabbing fast food and eating in the car, but that is something totally foreign here (literally, ha). So we've been walking down the street to a sandwich stand and getting food to sit outside and eat before class again. Tuesdays and Thursdays are really long for me, but I make it through!! Fridays are the best because we get out of class at noon and I just go walking around the city looking at shops and different things. So, that's a glimpse into the french days of Catherine...
Ok, let's get something straight. You all pester me about liking some boy for no reason, and the day that I tell you I actually went out with a foreign boy you don't even comment on it. I'm shocked! Haha well I guess if you don't ask questions then I don't have to give answers. :) I miss everybody so so so much and I can't believe I only have two weeks left. FYI to everyone who is not in my family--my Mom leaves for another one of her People2People trips on Saturday! She is traveling along the Mediterranean to visit Malta, Italy, Monaco, and France... unfortunately she gets to France after I have headed home. I won't get to see her until she gets back July 5 (right, mom?) so everyone keep us in your prayers that our traveling goes well and that we stay safe and happy until we get to see each other again! Aww I know, we're sweet haha. Ok, hope this post today wasn't too boring--can't wait to hear from you all and see you in a few short weeks.
Commençez à planifier les fêtes!
Catherine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
aww that is sweet =)! It's too bad your Mom won't be in France til after you are gone... I'm pretty sure y'all would have a blast there together!
So I'm thinking a "Yay Catherine is home!" dinner when you get back?
We all gave you so much grief about the first boy that I didn't want to mention the other one. Since you brought it up...was this a "let's get a drink after class" DATE? Did he buy your Pepsi-max? Did you exchange phone numbers? I need details now that you're beeing all aloof about it! :)
Two weeks is still a long time in France. Enjoy eery minute of it, and don't work too hard in class!
OK, like Dana, I didn't mention the boy b/c I had already jumped to conclusions once before and got shot down, so yea, didn't want that to happen again. But since we're talking about it--was it a date? Do you like him? Does he make you ting...ok, i'll stop there. You know where that was going though. :)
I like that Dana left the "v" out of "every." It makes me think of "eerybody in the club get tipsy." Now I'm hearing Dana's voice to the the tune of that song saying "enjoy eery minute of it." Ha! Now I'm just a'crackin' up in my lil ol' cubicle...
ls: you're a nut! i guess whatever you have to do to make the day in the little ole cubicle go by faster...
So we are both on count down, 2 weeks til you come home and a week and a half til my last day at work! So weird thing just happened, I work with Sharron Couch here at M&M and she just told me she is your cousin! We were discussing blogs etc for my China trip and we started talking about yours and your pics and made the connection! Small world!! I think Roberto is cute btw:) I hope you get to go for another "drink" with him again.
All your friends seem to take care of your social life, so I will make no comment. We love you and cannot wait for you to get back home. But these two weeks will never happen again, so make the most of every moment.
Love, G'ma
Once again, I am loving your friends' comments! I will not make a comment either about the boy thing. But you know I have many comments to be made! heehee! I love picturing you walking leisurely (sp) around the town, looking in windows, not spending anything, just looking. Remember while you are still there to be like the little fairy child that hangs in the sunlight in your window at home and says, "There is a time to do, and a time to just be." For the next two weeks, BE in the moments that surround you in France, and DO all that is possible! Then....come home to me! Love you, baby girl...Mommee'
I love your mom. It never fails that her comments always revolve around to you being a "little girl"! Cracks me up every time! I needed you here yesterday to rant and rave, but alas you are out touring a country that I really don't seem to understand. I need you here, come back to me.
Post a Comment