Friday, June 1, 2007

La Fin de la semaine

(The end of the week)

Yes I have finished class for the week and I made it out alive! :) It wasn't so bad, kinda fun actually. I enjoy going to classes because it passes the days faster and I learn so much just from being around all the French speaking. We have kinda done most of the big fun things to do around here so I'm trying to enjoy the little things like talking to foreign people, eating dinner and having conversations with my host family, trying to keep warm, etc. It's been so cold here! The weather changes about 8 times each day. Yesterday it was cloudy in the morning, then it warmed up a little with some sun, and then in the middle of the afternoon there was a downpour, and when I went to bed at 10 pm, the sun was still shining. The sun doesn't go down until around 10:30 here, so it's pretty strange. I feel like it's not bedtime yet. Laura, the time difference between you and me is 7 hours. I am 7 hours ahead, so when it is 9:30 in the morning and you are at work it is 4:30 here in the afternoon and I am usually at the computer, in class, or on my walk home! When I wake up at 7 am, it is only midnight back in Memphis! It took me a whole week to get over the jet lag.

I'm going to post some pictures of my room and the infamous staircase here in a minute. I didn't get pictures of the rest of the house b/c the family was home and I thought they might think I was weird walking around with my camera in their kitchen, etc. so I will save those pics for another day. I'll also try to get some pics some day of the school soon. I'm loving reading all of your comments and I miss everybody soooo much! I probably won't be able to check my email all weekend because the school internet room is only open during the week. There is an off chance that I'll pay to use an internet cafe... but we'll have to see! Don't really know what the plans are for the weekend. Miss you all tons and I'll put up some pics now!

Vous me manquez,

Catherine

1 comment:

PatC said...

Grandanny and I are here missing you also. Enjoy every moment, even the little things. You can relive this trip through your memories.

It does help us to see where you are and what you are seeing.

PatC