(A long day)
I appreciate everyone's concern for my potential romantic interests, but there are NONE here as of yet! Haha. I sit here and write all of the cool places I'm going and things I'm doing and all you say is to tell you about the boys. If you read closely you will see that I hang out with Mandy the most, thankyouverymuch! :) (Not sooo surprised at the comments, it is me you're talking to afterall. Just trust me--I'll tell you if there is anything to tell. But there's not.)
Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days at school. I am here from 9 in the morning until 6:30 at night. I have an hour break for lunch and a two hour break in between classes in the afternoon, which is where I am right now. I really hate sitting in this computer room, because random people sitting next to me read the things I write on the screen. So, hopefully I never have anything too personal to write!
Last night I had a nice long dinner with just my host mom and it was so fun to just sit and talk to her about random things. We have very differing views on lots of life choices, but it's so interesting for us to hear the other person's foreign point of view. I like her a lot--I want to get a picture for y'all, but I might not be able to do that until closer to the end of my trip.
I don't have any exciting updates today, so I'll give you another update on the food I've been eating. Laura, I don't think you would be able to handle some of this stuff. Let's just say.... I've eaten a few meals of unidentifiable foods; foods that I still could not identify after asking what they were or after eating them. Yum. I have eaten some kind of cucumber salad 2 nights in a row (I hate cucumbers.) Last night I ate some kind of couscous with a vegetable stew kind of topping. A few days ago I ate something in a bowl that resembled rice with an extra ingredient that I thought was onion, but that's not possible b/c she said she won't cook with onions since I don't like them. I have also somehow incorporated an entire loaf of bread daily into my diet. Not sure how I do it, but apparently it's the French way of eating. I don't know how it's possible to injest a loaf of bread each day and still be as skinny as these people are. Ok, so I don't actually eat a whole loaf everyday. It might be two. I have also learned the French art of conservation. I know, that without a doubt, if I don't finish some part of the meal tonight, it is going to be on the table again tomorrow. Even if there are only two bites left. You finish it now or you finish it later. Not gonna throw it away. Ever. You eat it. All. So my choices are-- either eat this unidentifiable food that I don't like right now, or eat it again tomorrow. Awesome.... However, I am still enjoying the occasional pain au chocolat that I have stored away in my room. It's become an obsession. So when I return to the States you all should probably search for them in my luggage and take them away. Haha. Well I hope this was entertaining enough, as I don't have much news. I want to keep writing each day when I can to give you something to read, but it won't always be very exciting. Ok-that's all for today.
Grosses bises,
Catherine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am laughing at you and your loaf of bread a day ! I'm going to try the "eat it now or eat it later" thing at our house! How funny! Why don't you ask her what the food is, silly? And for heaven's sake, take her picture! Tell her your American mom MUST see what your French mom looks like. We are going to search you for hidden chocolate when you get off that plane! Love your comments! Love you!! Mommee'
How old is this kid?
I hope you're having the time of your life. Don't worry about the romance or our comments. Just have fun- your in FRANCE! I still can't believe there's an ocean between us right now.
I think I would need to know what I was eating. But, then again, maybe you don't WANT to know. :)
Love you!
I'm assuming you are not saying, Gross Bees when you closed your post. Although, that is what I'll imagine you said.
Grandanny says he just wants you to come home. He won't make you eat anything you don't like. I say a little onion never hurt anyone and it is good for you.
Post a Comment