1. The whole gang at the confirmation- (L-R) Aldona's marrain, Evelyne (host mom), Agnes, Mom's cousin, Grand-mere, Agnes' marrain (short one), Aldona
2. Evelyne- my host mother
3. Agnes and Aldona- my host twin sisters
I have observed that French people don't smile for pictures like we do....
2 comments:
I like your last comment (about them not smiling). I was thinking the whole time I was looking at the pics, "have they never taken pictures before? do they not know how it works? they're supposed to smile!"
At least we can see what they look like now--definitely not what I've been picturing in my head AT ALL!
Oh, and Sunday's lunch sounds more like something I could've eaten--except for those unidentifiable vegetables. All that cheese and bread--yum! What did they say about you turning down the champagne? (I assuming you didn't have any...)
I am so glad to see your new family! What do you think about having a mom that is taller than you? They are tall! But just so you know, you are MINE and they can't have you but just for a small amount of time! God just sent a small piercing of my heart and reminded me that you are HIS and we just have you due to His will and grace. So I will say to you, I praise God that you are our sweet Catherine and I am thanking Him for settling you in a place across the ocean where you are safe and loved. (P.S. I think that the short, stout Grandmere made you think of me and it hurts my feelings.) heehee! love you so! Mommee' (LOVE the pictures!)
Post a Comment