Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps...

(I don't have a lot of time)

Ok, I've had a huuuge day of class and I'm not finished with it yet. I've still got some homework left to do, and then one more class! But, I thought I would update you all a bit anyway. Yesterday was good, a bit cloudy, but then the afternoon was sunny again! The weather is crazy here. A week and a half ago I was going to bed freezing wearing two pairs of pants, two tshirts, a sweatshirt, and socks. Last night I slept in a tank top and shorts and I was still hot. These people don't really do heating or AC-- they just deal. Haha so I am learning to 'just deal' as well.

My new friend Roberto (see previous post) asked me to go have a drink after class so I did that yesterday afternoon and it was really fun. We went to this cafe out on the street of the middle of the biggest intersection in the city so it was great for people watching. But anyway, in case you were wondering, I had a Pepsi-Max. :) We sat there and talked for a few hours and I met some of his Belgian friends and had a really good time. So I think we might be doing that again sometime... we'll see! You know I love making new foreign friends. Speaking of, I had lunch today with the usual group + Massi and it was fun. I listened to some Italian music on his ipod and then we put on Bruce Springsteen and he started singing "Born in the USA." Love it.

Oh and last night I had the duck again with the vegetables, that I discovered were turnips. I think they look a bit different than our version of turnips, but American or French, I don't like them.

A few responses to your messages:
Dana-- You were very close with your picture of Massi. He is about 5'8" and very slender, but he has short dark hair, not long.
Brit: You would have enjoyed the mass, and probably would have gotten more out of it than I did, because while I speak french, I am def not Catholic. :)
Laura: Don't worry about me turning down the champagne, because I was placed in the perfect house!! The mother doesn't drink a thing, and so when I said no wine for me, they said "Ah you are just like Evelyne" and it was fine! :) I take after my host mom.
Mom: Take no offense to the above comment. Haha. Lovie!
sorry if I missed someone but those were most recent. Love you all!!


Catherine












3 comments:

Dana said...

I really don't think you should be bogged down with class and homework while your in FRANCE. You tell them I said that...
what's the difference between Pepsi and Pepsi-max?
The Coca-Cola I had when I was in Mexico was the best coke i ever tasted. Probably because it (the weather) was so hot and I was so dehydrated. :) The sprite was no good, though.

Laurel Childs said...

I am taking offense at your comment, no matter what you say or wish! I have your bunny and you have no idea what is happening to him as we speak. Just picture this...Bunny, in Casey's car, with Casey's posse, in extreme danger! He may not be the same when you get back. Just so you know. Heehee! You think I am kidding...but do you really know? Much love, your SHORT AND SILLY MOMMEE'

Anonymous said...

Did you have ice in your Pepsi-Max? It seems like when I travelled that way back in the day, we had to specifically ask for ice if we wanted it. Is that right?