Sunday, May 20, 2007

Je pars pour la France mardi...

I'm leaving for France in TWO days. I'm nervous, excited, anxious, and basically just ready to go over there and get this trip finished! I've been planning this trip since February, and now it's here, but I've got five whole weeks of being out of my comfort zone--and comfort home, comfort language, comfort family, etc. I know that even if everything goes wrong and I don't make any friends or have any fun, I will learn more about this language and culture in five weeks than in my eight years of French classes. So say some prayers that I'll be safe, and don't forget me while I'm gone. :)

I'll update this page as much as I can, and add pictures if all goes well with my camera equipment and computer access...

Email me-- I need to hear (or read) voices from home! TripleC84@aol.com

Au revoir mes amis, je vous aime--

Catherine

5 comments:

Dana said...

I don't know french, so I don't know what that meant. I'm assuming it meant that you're going to miss me a lot. I'm gonna miss you, too! I can't wait to hear of your exciting adventures. Take a dramamine before you get on the plane and stay safe! Don't get into a cab with strangers and don't forget how to speak english while you're there...

Anonymous said...

I just got really nervous. I saw the title first and thought this blog was going to be in French and I was gonna have some major problems...
I can't believe you leave tomorrow-aghhh! Have tons-o-fun and kiss lots of foreign boys! (Just thought I'd throw that in there...)
I'm going to need you to update this blog a lot--not only so I can be up-to-date with what you're doing but also b/c I get really bored at work and need some good reading. I will miss you tons! Be safe!

Dana said...

it's been too long since your last post...

Darbie said...

Ok, you left on Tuesday and its Thursday!! I need more info. So, did you get there safely, how is your french mama, are there any cute boys living with you?

Laurel Childs said...

Hi, baby girl! I know you are having so much fun! Please be so careful! Update from home: Casey is now renting out your bedroom to whoever will pay, so there have been a lot of strange people sleeping in your bed and using your things. I hope you don't mind. He is making lots of money and I think we can fix everything when you get back. Heehee! I miss you so much! Have tons of fun and remember to tell me everything! Love you...Mommee