Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Finally!

I have finally gotten to a computer and have a few minutes to write. Last week I visited several of the chateaux of the Loire valley region--Chambord, Blois, Amboise, Chenoceau. We stayed at a hotel in Tours, France-which is the city where I am living for the next four weeks. On Sunday I moved in with my host family which consists of a mother, Eveline, and twin 14 yr old daughters, Agnes and Aldona. They are wonderful and I like them a lot. Sunday night the mom took me to an international choir festival, which of course, I loooved. School started yesterday but we are still in the introduction phases so I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I'm not so excited about class. My french is already improving 10 times everyday, but that's from talking to people on the street and my host family-I don't want class! Everything is good and I wish that I could write more but there just isn't the time. Sad. My internet situation is less than ideal, but I will try my best to update when I can. Love you all!

Catherine

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay--you made it! So glad you're safe and having fun! Other than the mom and twins, how's the housing situation? Do you have your own room? TV? Air? Water? :)
I'm gonna need you to work on getting that internet connection ideal so that we can hear from you more often. I've been checking at work everyday! We'll miss you at Lydi's wedding this weekend. Write more soon!

Oh, P.S.--Any cute boys in your group?

Dana said...

i'm glad you made it safely. you didn't get plane sick did you? it sounds like your host family is going to be great! please don't forget how to speak english. i need to hear about your adventures when you get home, and i can't understand french. :)
i'll be checking this thing everyday for updates. i'm living vicariously through you!

Laurel Childs said...

I love reading everything you write and LOVE reading your friends comments! You are surely blessed! Please keep writing! I want to know everything and must hear something every day or I shall surely expire from Catherine dehydration! Need scoop! Need love! Write soon! Love you so,
Mommee'